Sunday, April 15, 2012

There will be storms

Jesus was able to calm the storm, and even though I can't do that myself, I can do my best to feel peaceful in the midst of storms.  I love the song:  "Be Still My Soul" and found out the David Archuleta sang it.  Cool!  Here it is.
And you can check out the kiddo scripture version on video here.

Henry B. Eyring said:  "If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up.10 And He always keeps His word."

So, although one of my trials maybe that I worry (sometimes too much) that something will happen to me or my family, I know whatever does happen, we'll be okay.  As I was busy carting stuff downstairs along with my kiddos (since they were asleep or half asleep), I wasn't too scared, but then the sirens started going off!  They went off for about twenty minutes!  Some of my friends were talking on Facebook about where the tornado was, and I got a little scared.  Poor Kira was shivering and not feeling good (she was super tired)!  Luckily, we made it through okay and carted everything back upstairs for our sleepover in the Living Room!  We were under a tornado watch until six in the morning.  We kept the weather channel on all night.  How tiring!  So, I was exhausted come this morning when Scott called me first thing.  And Kira suggested cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Luckily, it wasn't too hard, but it was time-consuming and they couldn't take baths until after.  We still managed to get to church not too late!  Hurray!

Let the storms (trials) come and I will do my best to be still/calm!

No comments:

Post a Comment