Saturday, January 25, 2014

Put on a happy face

It may be rough, but we'll make it!  Scott's stitches are out, I got paid my paltry sum for working my tail off as a teacher, and the kids all got their flu shots.  Luckily they're doing pretty well with it today!  Most of them have runny noses now, but I'm hoping that has nothing to do with it!
We had two desserts with our dinner tonight!  I made no-cook mints from a recipe in my recipe box and we all loved them!  They taste a lot like butter mints!  Yum!  We also had Pumpkin Spice Caramel Delight (from a Pillsbury mix) and it was great too!
I was super excited to spend some one-on-one time with each kiddo today.  My daughter reminded me that we used to have it during quiet time, and I had forgotten, since I'm usually working during quiet time.  I spent 20 minutes with each kiddo.  Josh watched Mater's Tall Tales with me (his favorite on Netflix).  Cecilia had me do her hair and colored some pictures.  Leah and Emma both chose to work on fun foam projects.  Kira and I made bows.  Ben told me stories.  It was nice, although I desperately wanted a nap afterwards (not an option)!  Hopefully I remember again next Saturday!
Samuel has been moving around like crazy today!  Scott was able to feel him move this morning and evening!  It hurt this evening!  I don't know what he was doing, but I was glad he stopped!  I get the feeling that he is going to be huge!  Especially since I don't want to have him early!
I'm super excited that I was able to order the fold over elastic I need in order to make cloth diapers.  I have the PUL fabric, the snaps, the snap pliers, and velcro, so I needed the elastic!  Then I'll figure out the fleece/flannel insides!  I might just invest in some used inserts and go from there!  I'll investigate to see what's cheapest!  I'm super excited about it!  Josh will hopefully love the change!  If nothing else, his bottom will be adorably covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment