Sunday, November 21, 2010

We made it!

When Scott had the Strep Throat and was diagnosed last Sunday, all I could think was, "How am I going to know if Leah gets it?"  The good news is that we still haven't had anyone else get it!  Hurray!  I know I don't want to miss any school, since I have no idea when this baby girl will come and I am very worried about her coming before Finals are over!  I am HUGE!!!  I keep saying to myself, "I can make another month, but another month and a half, I don't think so!"  With all the "helpful" strangers asking me if I could go anytime, I'm not feeling as confident!  I'm still doing well in all of my classes, due to Heavenly Father really blessing me!  There's no way I could do it without Him! 
My kids have been cracking me up!  The things they say and write!  Ben is all about the "buty"  otherwise known as the bottom.   He loved being the center of attention at school on Friday!  He did pretty well talking about his pictures (he had drawn pictures on paper towels to bring in), his dad's fiddler crab that I brought in, and his photo album that has pictures from his birth until now.  He told them that it wasn't a  real alligator when he showed them a picture of him as a baby with his hand in a metal alligator statue.  I'm looking forward to his "Animal Thanksgiving Play" tomorrow!  He's the beaver and will say:  "I have two long teeth that can chop down the tallest trees!"  I'm excited!  Kira was also very excited to show off the crab and family picture in her class too!  If nothing else, Kira absolutely loves her family!  She really enjoyed our "date" at the Symphony on Tuesday night!  She's quite the smart aleck, but is fantastic at making up songs and dances (even if they drive me crazy with their repetitiveness)!  Emma is my funny kiddo!  She says passing gas is due to your butt squeaking!  She has been very loving this week, a little excessive, but very loving!  She keeps hugging my belly (with an accompanying head plant) to tell me she loves me.  She also enjoys brushing my hair (which I love)!  She says her favorite song is "Single ladies" and she'll sing "All the singin ladies, all the singin ladies, put your hand out!"  She also loves to tell nonsense knock-knock jokes!  "Knock knock.  Who's there?  Triangle.  Triangle who?  Triangle dress!  Hahahaha!"  Yeah, I just smile.  I need to work on my laughter obviously!  Leah has already hit the terrible twos.  Why, oh why, must all of my children be advanced in that?  She tells me "No, mine" as she pulls my hair.  My favorite thing she does is dance to music.  She stands there with her feet apart and moves her little bottom like crazy!  It's awesome!  I need to tape it again!
On to another big aspect of my life, making things!  This week I managed to add lace to three jean skirts and to Cecilia's white dress to make it a blessing dress!  I also made Leah a "quilt" along with 3 matching doll quilts and a baby quilt for Cecilia.  I still need to sew the last baby quilt.  My sewing machine was starting to smell, so I decided to give it a break.  I also made my first changing pad!  I still need to add the velcro, or not!  I also need to finish the small parts left for my mom's present! But, I'm getting closer to ready for Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment