Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fantastic FHE

Yesterday after my third class, I got home for Scott to announce that we were going to the Park.  Okay...  So, I put Cecilia in her seat on my bike and Kira hopped onto the Bike extension thingy on the back.  Ben and Emma were in Scott's trailer with Leah in the little seat behind Scott and we headed out.  We made quite the crew going down the road and did pretty well!  We had fun at the Park and I took a lot of pictures.  The lighting was fantastic!  Leah got dirty.  No surprise there!  They did so well that we decided to go to Braum's for our FHE snack and got ice cream.  The kids were thrilled!  We had our ice cream and bought a few groceried to head out and be waylaid by some interesting people.  The guy was smoking and the lady was in my personal space asking if we planned on having more kids and I was not a happy camper! Grumble, grumble...
 I am absolutely sick of people asking me personal questions because we have five kids!  I am working my tail off to get a degree and be able to provide well for our children (and really to be a better mom)!  Scott's going to graduate in December and we are doing the best we can for our five kids!  I understand that in a few places people think that many children is leading to overpopulation, but we're in a small town and THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM!!!  So, I just don't understand why people are so nosy and just plain rude!  I can just smile and laugh when they say we have a handful, because we do!  We have five kids and five fingers on each hand-so technically five is a hand full.  But, enough of the questions!  I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and know that Heavenly Father wants us to help children come into the world.  We are not trying to "populate it ourselves" nor are we planning to have more than six.  I'm not trying to have a TV show, because of my family.  It really is no one else's business, but ours and Heavenly Father's.  I love being a mom and I love my children.  There is nothing wrong with that!  So, in case you're tempted to do something without thinking and ask a COMPLETE STRANGER how many kids they are planning on having-please refrain yourself!  Thank you!
Now off my soap box (I think it's sufficiently crushed)!  We did have fun, even with the interesting people and our lesson was on family and how we should be kind.  We repeated our little motto-"We are Westhoffs!  We are a family!  We love each other!  We help each other!  And we don't fight!"
Hurray for family!  Now onto the pictures!






 It says:  "My Dad is a Superhero!"
 She took a step!

 Our green transportation


I let Cecilia have the last bit of my cone, because it looks like a baby cone!  She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment