Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

I planned to get a lot done this week.  Nothing doing.  I got the kids to school and got Kira's teacher's present made:
I'm getting as much sleep this week as during my classes!  Which is saying a lot!  I felt bad that I hadn't made anything for Ben's or Leah's teachers/helpers.  Kira actually brought it up though, so it was easier to figure out!  I enjoyed the three days the kids had school, because I was able to get a few presents done:
 I just stitched out Josh's name using the sewing machine, so it's not that good.  Luckily he can't read!
 Here's Tony's.  I was sticking to KU colors.  It has the crinkly stuff in it!
Here's the Minky Dot backside.
I tried to make a Dinosaur stuffie with tags, but I didn't follow directions well and the ribbons are on the inside.  Whoops!  It might be a later project!
On Wednesday I went in and helped with Kira's class party.  I was in charge of the cup stacking game.  
Sam went to Leah's Party for me.  Leah was sad about her last day of preschool, but she loved all of her presents!

On Thursday was a snow day!  





I stayed up super late working on my newest project.  I finished the one for Scott's mom, but not anyone else.  I also forgot to take pictures.  Oh well!  I'll take some of the next ones.  Cecilia helped me!  She handed me pins.  At one in the morning.  That's why it took so long.  
We had our heater pilot light go out in the early morning (or in the middle of the night, we don't know) twice this week.  Luckily I'm a crafter and have lots of lighters!  Especially since Scott lost my favorite one!  Poor Josh was so cold the first time!  I was worried about my baby, and then our landlord never called us back.  We have called him several times now with no response and it's dangerous to have a heater that has a pilot light that doesn't stay lit.  What if we go out of town and it goes out?  The pipes will all bust!  Or the gas may build up and blow up our house.  Who knows?  Either way I'm not impressed!  Now Josh is sick.  Poor lil' man!
The good news is that I won a rug on Monday (or Tuesday) and I got to pick out one that I liked.  It was hard work!  It was my very first rug that I got to pick out.  Usually I just get to pick some from Bulky Item Pickup, so I'm lucky if I get one I like!  It came in yesterday!  Look at how beautiful it is:

Josh loves it!
On Friday was the make food like crazy!  Plus I had the opportunity to make lil' bracelets for my nieces from my daughters.  They're so sweet to make me do something and then take the credit.  I wouldn't have done it, so it is their idea!  I made a cheesecake dip that is super yummy!  You use the Jello cheesecake mix and add cool whip to it.  Yummy!  Then you have graham crackers (or cinnamon pita chips) to dip into it and fruit toppings (and white chocolate chips).  The kids had a blast with their cousins!





Saturday was our 11th Anniversary!  We cleaned the girls' room and the hallwayMy sisters took most of the kids and Josh, Scott and I went with my sister, parents and missionaries to Zio's (where we went on our first real date)!    Then we dropped Josh off with my sister and went to Wal-Mart to finish off my gift card and buy everything for Christmas dinner!  We got the kids and came home to find more presents at our doorstep!  We already had 3 men from church drop off presents.  Kira's super excited about her giftcard.  Whomever it was is a sweetheart!  They forgot Leah, but we're going to use one of Scott's giftcards that he got from his students to buy something.  Pshew! We may be super poor, but we're very blessed to have people who love us!  
I got to sing in the choir today!  It's been awhile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment