Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gratitude

Today our family had the opportunity to talk about gratitude at church.  It was lots of fun being the only speakers!  Kira spoke first giving her (HUGE) list of things she's grateful for.  Then Ben told his three.  After that Emma did a fantastic job going through hers (and she practically read the whole thing, I was super impressed)!  Leah went up and said what she had Kira write down for her.  She likes pets, butterflies, and something else...  Then I got to speak and I pretty much stuck to the two latest Prophets from their books.  I added in a personal story or two (I had to include the Gammon family, since they're the most grateful people I've ever met)!  Then after the song, Scott spoke.  I thought he did an awesome job!  He's a great speaker!  Poor Ben fell asleep and just didn't seem to feel well all of church.  He was kinda pasty too, so I had Scott give him a blessing, and he had some help, since there was TONS of worthy Priesthood around!  Then Ben was able to go back to class and made it through okay!  Emma whispered out her talk in Primary about being grateful for Spiritual things.  But she did it!  I'm so proud of my family!
It's been a crazy busy week and I've been exhausted all week, but still biking everyday!  I hope to make it all the way to Thanksgiving, before it gets so cold that my asthma kicks in!  Then I'll have to wake up early in the morning to Zumba!  I love Zumba, but I really love sleep!  Oh well!
This week I'm grateful for:  health, life, late hours at the Doctor's office, great friends, children who go to bed on time without complaints (Hey!  I can dream!), nice temperature days when I don't have to wear a coat, and that our babysitter lives close to my school so I can eat lunch before biking to pick Emma up!

No comments:

Post a Comment