Sunday, November 3, 2013

Woohoo! Grateful Month has started!

I love November!  Everyone posts things they're grateful for on Facebook, and I actually want to read people's statuses!  We had a pretty crazy week at school, since it was a whole week again, and the kids were dying to get some candy on Halloween!  So, that was lots of fun!  I love my Kindergartners!  Even when they're being a "little" crazy!
Scott was sick for a couple of days, so he got to stay home with the kids.  Work is still going well for him, and his boss says he wants to keep him for sure through December, and maybe hire him!  Very exciting!  It seems like a pretty good match, since he gets to do Insurance and speak Spanish!  I'm just hoping for him to get hired and get the cheap meat!  I hear it's 80 cents a pound at the factory!  That may not be true, but I still think it will be super cheap!
The kids had a blast for Halloween!  We got home in time to make a dessert and carve some pumpkins quick (we did it in an hour).  The bad news was that we were out of butter, so I used butter-flavored shortening (YUCK!!!).  I really need to make it to the grocery store more often!  We went to church and ate (2 of my Kindergartners came too, so I know they were safe) yummy food, then we had the Trunk-or-Treat.  It took a long time, so it was late when we headed to my mentor's house to Trick-or-treat.  We walked around some and saw a super scary place.  Poor Cecilia was scared for awhile!  Ben was ready to fight the scary monster!  He informed me that he was going to push his pressure points, hard!  We got the last of my mentor's candy and she got to see all of my kids (so that was super fun)!  We came home and took all the chocolate out.  We had a TON!  I brought it with me to work the next day and it was mostly gone by the end of the day!  Hurray!
Friday was my date with Ben.  We got him a new coat (for $32, he loves it), and a new pair of shoes (he's super picky about his shoes!  He only likes shoes that aren't firm and sturdy.).  He probably tried on over 15 shoes.  It worked out well though, because I bought him some and Kira some for under $25!  Then we went to Wal-mart and got a ton of awesome clearance fabrics.  They had the PUL fabric for making cloth diapers on clearance!  Woohoo!  I also got some fabric to make Leah a blanket.  Then we went to Arby's for dinner.  Ben got the same size meal as me and ate almost all of it!  Wow!  He was wishing he had just got a Kids' meal by the time he was done.  Poor kiddo!
Yesterday we slept in, well, I did!  Every once in awhile Scott spoils me.  He's so sweet!  I got some great deals from Walgreen's!  I got a lot of Christmas presents for only $63!  I also got free shipping, because I hit the back button and so they gave me half off of everything plus free shipping!  Fantastic!  I made a tie for Ben, and I really hope he likes it!  Then I got a lot of cleaning done!  We haven't had the Missionaries over all week, so our house was a mess!  I felt much better about our house once I got it cleaned!
Today I woke up right before my alarm went off and Cecilia and I went to see the beautiful sunrise!  I took a picture, because it was awesome!  I love how clear my view is out my front door!  I felt sick this morning, but it cleared up fast, so I was able to help the kids get ready and take a nice cold shower (I really need to take my shower before everyone's bath)!  Then the kids did pretty well at church.  Kira and Leah buried their testimonies (guess what our FHE will be about?) in Sacrament meeting and I heard Emma bear her testimony in Primary from the Nursery (where I helped out today).  We came home, and ate lunch after our visit with our Home Teachers.  Scott went home teaching and ended up going to the Funeral instead.  I was able to take a nap with Cecilia and Josh!  Hurray!  Kira made dinner, and she did a great job!
Grateful Things for last week and this week:
1- The kids did pretty well with only eating a little candy!
2- The house is cleaner!
3- I got to hang out in Nursery-which Cecilia loved!
4- It's my Mom's birthday and she's Fantastic!
5- I should be getting a huge amount of books (most free from using Scholastic bonus points)
6- I have 6 amazing kids!
7- Achievement Day Girls are so fun and love crafting!
8- I'm able to do most of my planning on Friday after school with Emma playing educational games on the laptop.
9- The weather here is pretty fantastic (although I could do without the constant winds when I'm biking)

No comments:

Post a Comment