Sunday, November 23, 2014

So excited!

Samuel got his first tooth in!  Luckily it's a bottom tooth, so I still have a little longer without biting!  He also got his 6 month shots.  He's now 21 pounds and 27 and a half inches long!  He's growing so fast that I can't keep up with clothes!  As soon as he gets to 18 month size we're good again!  :)
My mom's letting me borrow her sewing machine, so I can get to cranking out the Christmas presents!  All of my kids want blankets and I'm doing fun shaped ones.  Ben's getting a dragon with fire coming out it's mouth.  Kira is getting an owl (how the whole shaped quilt started, since her's is a pattern).  Emma just wanted a rectangle, such a sweetheart!  Leah's requesting a butterfly (another part of the owl pattern).  Cecilia's getting a flower (the third part of the pattern).  Josh is getting a car, but I think I'm going to make it so that it has 3 sides, I'm still working out the logistics.  And Samuel isn't picky, just soft.  I also want to make a family one for the couch-a branch with an owl for each of us using a t-shirt, should be a fun take on a t-shirt quilt!  I'm super excited!  I love doing crafty things, especially that can be used for a long time!
Speaking of crafty things, on Friday night, almost everyone was asleep by 8, so I had a little craft party and did the glue yarn trees.  Have you seen those?  They look awesome!  I took one off the paper cone early (the next morning) and only the top stayed, the rest crumpled into a mess of yarn.  So, I haven't been brave enough to take the other two off yet.  Okay, I took the one off-and the top half looks great!  The second one the bottom half looks great!  How funny!  I think I might do it again with green paper as a base and use rainbow colors of yarn to "decorate" the tree and just leave it on the paper.  I also took some of Ben's mostly chewed up shirts (he chews on his shirt collars) and made some no-sew t-shirt bags.  I made more yesterday, they're pretty fast and easy.
We've had so much help recently!  My in-law's are pretty awesome and they have really shown it this week!  My mom-in-law was able to come and watch my kiddos and let Scott drive her car to get kids to appointments on Friday.  My sister-in-law helped us out a ton with our car and laundry problems.
So, life in general is going well!  After tomorrow we'll have 2 vehicles again!  Tuesday is Kira's class auction (such a fantastic idea) and then Wednesday is Ben's birthday!  I can't believe I'll have a 12 year old!  Next year I'll have a teenager!  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment