Sunday, September 20, 2015

Emma is 8!

Without my allergy pills, I've been very sneezy!  It cracks me up that my kids say "Gesundheit!"  We usually bless them in Spanish when they sneeze, so it's super funny that they started German!  I don't mind at all!
Monday was Emma's 8th birthday!  She wanted sports equipment for the backyard, so that's what we got her!  We played kickball that night after Family Home Evening.  Other than Samuel and Josh constantly wanting the ball it went well.  Mostly.  The cupcakes I made were too hard to stick the candles in, so that was a mess.  You win some, you lose some.
Tuesday was long!  I got a phone call saying my mom was in the hospital.  I started sobbing in the kitchen, so Kira came running, as did Josh.  They were super worried too, so we knelt and prayed as a family.  I'm so grateful that Scott could stop playing ball and come home right away.  Heavenly Father loves us so much!  I had graham crackers on hand, so I had a comfort snack!  Then Wednesday was Inservice, so I could have my phone on!  It turned out okay, she's just stressed.
School is going well!  I really enjoyed seeing my kids run this week's cross country meet!  They stayed together!  So sweet!  Then one of Ben's friends came to the meet too, so she was there to cheer them on at the finish!  I'm so proud!  It went super fast!  Probably because I was having to hurry a poor, tired Josh over half of the course.  Poor kiddo!  I took pictures with my school iPad, so pictures will be later.  Scott heard that we needed to be doing more original dates, so he decided we should bike.  He aired up my tires, and we headed out.  For a flat place, there's plenty of hills!  My legs were burning!  We picked up his prescriptions and walked up the main street and looked in the windows of all the closed businesses and took some fun pictures!  There was a beautiful sunset as we were biking back, so I pushed hard trying to get to the lake at the park fast enough.  I wasn't, but I got an amazing picture as I crossed the railroad tracks!  I'm pretty good at action shots, sometimes.  I really miss my real camera, but I'm making do.
This morning Josh woke me up early to make him breakfast.  Yes sir!  I made oatmeal.  He was a happy camper!  He even went potty, so I rewarded him!  He wore underwear most of the day.  I can hope, right!?!  It was a pj kind of day, my legs hurt, so I napped!  I got my more in-depth lesson plans done!  Phew!
I can't wait for this next week to go by!







 Our classroom flag and motto
 Samuel making pudding






Even Samuel sat on the potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment