Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mad craziness and Peace

Last week we dropped Scott off up north for the week and came home to fireworks. He worked for his mom and I started a new Summer class. A friend so kindly watched my children while I went to class for two days and then Kira was contagious, so that was an all-day horribleness. I really missed Scott! I got all teary talking to him on the phone. We don't do separation much, so it was a little sad. But, everyone was good by Friday afternoon, so we went back up north! We went swimming (Cecilia's first time), ate pizza, and spent time with family.
We were up super late, but got up in the morning to do what I've been wanting to do for awhile, a Kansas City Temple visit. I hadn't been since the Groundbreaking over a year ago! When all of the family was rocking our pink zebra stripes, we headed out! The kids were so excited when they saw the Temple! "The Temple, the Temple!" They wanted to go see it up close, so weren't too happy about all of the picture stops on the way! The Temple still has some work to be done, but I am super excited to have Temple pictures to remind my kids what our goal is! I want us to be able to go into the Temple for the Open House and help my children understand why Temples are so important! They are the best place to get married, and the only place to be sealed forever! Hurray for Temples! So, here are a few of my favorites. I didn't take the family ones, but did take all the rest! As Leah said, "Bye Temple, bye."

So, now we're back, back to the "rat race." Back to the craziness of a 16-week course condensed into 4 weeks. Back to a messy house that I can't seem to keep as clean as I would like. Back to regular life and the craziness that it is. But, I will be going back to the Temple and will once again forget time and be at peace!
While we were up there I got to play games with family! We played Settlers of Zarahemla (which I sorely lost) and Fruit Basket (like Hearts). I also got to hang out with Danyelle! She's so fun! She let me pick a place for dinner and we got to eat at Oklahoma Joe's! Yum! Then we went back to her house and played Settlers. She beat me, but barely! I had 11 points! Next time, Danyelle, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment