Sunday, March 22, 2015

Opposition in ALL things

He said there would be opposition in all things, and it wasn't a joke.  I have appreciated my spring break, because I got to spend more time with my kids and sleep in, but I got absolutely nothing done that I wanted to.  I sold a few things and cleaned a few rooms.  I didn't do any grading.  I didn't make Easter dresses or Ben's dragon blanket.  I didn't make the "You are so incredibly awesome" tea towels.  Just celebrated Leah's birthday and tried to clean.  We had no money until payday, so we couldn't do anything until Friday.  Thursday night the van we're making payments on wouldn't get to third gear on the way home.  So, it was super late and I was driving super slow.  But, made it home.  Then we brought it in to the shop to find that the transmission isn't doing well.  My sister watched all but Cecilia and Samuel overnight, which was awesome!  Samuel stayed up until two, because he's in pain.  Poor baby.  But, I got Kira's birthday present in the mail, so I was getting it set up.  She's going to be so excited!  Saturday was the makeup day for the entire Spring Break.  We picked up the kids and headed to Science City after a late breakfast/lunch.  Scott and Leah headed to the Bug Exhibit (Leah loves bugs) and we went to Science City.  They met up with us within an hour and a half.  Apparently Leah didn't like it and Scott said it was tiny.  We made it through though!  We got ice cream afterwords.  Then we got to spend some quality time with my family.  I picked up some fun straws in the hopes that it would help my dad drink and it worked!  He could drink before, but this makes it a little easier.  Anything to make his life a little better!  Yesterday our pilot light in our water heater went out, and it's not coming back on.  No one's throwing up today, so I'm a happy camper.  Boiling water for baths isn't fun, but we have heat!

Kira loves yarn!
Free popcorn































Throwing a fit
Scott still won, but he made Leah work hard!
She's six!

She's soon to be 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment