Sunday, April 12, 2015

Time Out

We started exercising this week!  We all went for a walk on Monday!  On Tuesday we went for a run (just Kira, Emma-on her bike and I).  On Wednesday the school kids and I went on a short run/walk.  We're getting there!  We're running in an actual run in less than a month.  Gulp!
This week I was counting down the days to Time Out for Women this weekend (Kira was counting down to her birthday).  Wednesday was my students' field trip to Science City, which was fun, but exhausting.  That night I had to stay up late getting cupcakes made with huge divinity (instead of frosting) and almond bark colored and flavored (with a nice sour kick) and piped out into individual letters that were placed on top of the divinity.  It was a work of heart!  Kira was super excited about the result and said her classmates liked it! Thursday was a day off for Leah and Kira brought four friends to eat with her in my classroom for lunch.  Friday all the kids had off and it was Kira's 11th birthday, while I had a workday.  I woke Kira up before I left, so she was able to open her presents before I left.  She loved her new hand-me-downs and owl earrings and she's been loving her Kindle for awhile.  I headed to work and I finished early and headed to get groceries and home.  I was running later than I wanted to be, so I hurried and packed and sang Happy Birthday to Kira, so she got her cupcake on her birthday. I took Kira and Samuel with me to Overland Park and dropped Kira off with my mom and Samuel got to hang out with my sister's friend until my work for Time Out for Women was done.  I just stood there for about an hour and a half telling people where to go.  Not bad!  And I got to see my friends that came!  Kim bought me a bag from 2 years ago for $3 and a fantastic book "ites,"  I was pretty excited!  She's so sweet!  I took pictures with most of the presenters and Samuel.  Pretty cool!  I also got their autographs in the journal that we were given.  Mary Ellen Edmunds gave out magnets too (I need to remember to get that back from Kim)!  Saturday went about the same.  Except so much earlier! I actually saw Kalee Reed before everything started, but didn't ask for a picture and autograph until later.  I got all but two autographs!  Not bad!
 She didn't want to walk, she wanted to bike.
 We took turns pushing the stroller.  I got uphill.
 After our first run
 Leah's ladybug
 Ben on a scooter
 Happy Leah
 The work of heart
 Emma loves to draw on my whiteboard!
 Kira and her friends at lunch in my classroom
 Ben made this in honor of his Grandpa, who died of Leukemia.
 Kira's early morning birthday presents.
 She loves her hand-me-downs!
 Before TOFW
 With Jenny Oaks Baker and her daughter Hannah.

 With Brad Wilcox.  Samuel wanted his pen!
 With a friend from Young Women in the Netherlands more than ten years ago...  We haven't seen each other in a long time!
 With the Sistas in Zion-Tamu and Zandra.
 With Mary Ellen Edmunds (MEE)
 With Meg Johnson
 My busy little guy
 My sister trying to keep him somewhat still.
 He was out when we met Calee Reed.  She is awesome!

Ben loves carting Samuel around like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment