Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Not drowning, really

So, it has been mad craziness here!  I finished the winter/spring semester well, woohoo!  I had a whole week off before summer school started.  They mean business!  We're covering a week's worth everyday!  The good news is that I get to bike to school almost everyday and have lost three pounds!  We ahve to work on one fitness goal and mine was exercising thirty minutes a day five days a week.  I did six days last week and most days more than 30 minutes!  Hurray!  I love myfitnesspal.com!  Fantastic!  I get to keep track of my food intake and exercise.  So, it (sometimes) keeps me from eating the oh-so-very-yummy Light ice cream flavor-Key Lime Pie (it's a new one from Braum's)!  I really should stop buying it.  Though I have stopped buying any and all fatty snack foods, so I'm on my way to doing better.  The only problem is we can spend $30 on fruit and it's gone in less than 2 days.  I can't afford to spend $100 on fruits and veggies a week!  Yikes!  Here's hoping my husband's aquaponics works well, because we just got another $40 in plants for him to add to his kiddie pool.  I LOVE berries, so we also got some blueberry plants too.  We already had a few, but at that price ($7.49), I didn't mind getting more!  Now if I can figure out how to not drown between School,  Cub Scouts (which isn't too bad at all), Family and keeping my house clean, that will be fantastic!  Though the chore game board is working pretty well (their goal is to get to the end and then they get a movie ticket to one of the kids' summer movies)!  I really do have great kids!  I keep forgetting that theya re just kids!  I was a strangely mature kid, so I really shouldn't put that on my kids!  Either way, I only have another week after this week and then I have three weeks off!  But, then I have two hard classes at once, on my birthday.  I'm glad I chose not to celebrate this year!  I don't think I'm ready to turn 30.  Maybe next year!  On my break I had planned to have a garage sale, but decided I would rather give it away to those who need it!  Save myself time and hassle and help others-WIN-WIN-WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment