Sunday, September 30, 2012

The end of September

It's finally fall!  I'm so excited!  It's getting cooler outside, so we don't have to run our window AC units.  I'm looking forward to pumpkin carving and jumping in leaves and fun autumn pictures!  We might even get to pick apples next weekend!  I'm checking to see if there are any apple orchards still open, due to the drought and all.  I hope so!
This week was lots of fun!  I got to do my first lesson in this class!  I taught Poetry and the students all made shape poems.  I'm trying to decide what I want to do with them.  I want to hang them up in the hall, but I also want to make a book of them.  That way they would have a book of shape poetry!  I initially wanted to make a quilt out of them for the teacher, but that's a whole lot to do!  This way it'll be a present for the whole class!  So, I'm excited!
 It was my niece's birthday!
 Emma climbed a rock wall!
 It took poor Cecilia awhile to get interested.
 So Aunt Mandy helped!

I love how Emma's hair flipped as she jumped!
 Leah didn't have socks, so Aunt Mandy gave her hers to borrow.  
 Check out the air she got!
 Ben helped Cecilia get down
 She loved the slide down!
 Interesting arch
 Another slide!
 Time for cake!

 I got to hold Tony and help him stop crying.
Here he is after.
We got to go out to Lawrence for a few hours for my niece's 3rd birthday.  I took lots of pictures, so these are just some of my favorites!  After we left we dropped off my kiddos and picked Josh up from Scott to watch the RS meeting.  It was great!  Then we went out for food and desserts.  I like Sonic's cheesecake bites!  Yum!  Fun times!  I got home late to realize I hadn't done my test for math!  Yikes!  So, I raced through and got it done in ten minutes.  I got a 23 out of 30.  Gggrrr...  Oh well!  I got it done!  That's what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment