Sunday, April 27, 2014

The kids ran!

This was a crazy busy week (as per usual)!  Thursday Kira performed for us at her 4th Grade Musical.  She was in 2 small groups playing her recorder, plus she got to announce one of the songs!  So cool!  We also got to see both her's and Ben's art!  Always fun!  It was burning hot in there, so we got Braum's ice cream after.  Well, technically the kids all got sherbet and I got frozen yogurt!  Then they watched Wall-E whike we waited for Scott to come out of his Spanish/English classes.
Then today was the big 5k that the kids have been training for!  I didn't guess nearly as well as they did!  Kira came in 15th place at 31.08.  Ben came in seven minutes behind her at 38 minutes and Emma came in six minutes behind him at 44 minutes!  They all did fantastic!  I almost cried a couple times with how proud I am!  Yes, I'm a "little" emotional.  We dropped Scott off, so he could work his gardening booth at the Emergency Preparedness Fair.  Then we got to do the Nutrition Olympics with fun games like melon shotput, potato sack races, coconut bowling...  The thing was that Josh was hungry and the whole not getting what they were playing with got on his nerves.  I was pretty excited when they all earned their fruit plate!  They ate it, and played on the playground for awhile before we headed for lunch.  I just got Taco Bell, so we could eat fast and the kids could go to quiet time.  I desperately needed a nap!  We went through shoes afterward.  Wow!  That's a lot of shoes!  Josh kept crying and crying.  And crying.  Once he snuggled up to me and held my hand, he finally went to sleep.  It's awfully hard to clean, do laundry, etc. when you have a cute kiddo napping on you and I had both him and Cecilia asleep on me!  I was super glad for the break though!  I got the house cleaner (with the kids doing their chores and my lots of help) and made dinner.  Grits and eggs with cookies for dessert.  I felt bad that I couldn't do more, but I'm doing the best I can!
I got my last Kansas application in (we went through the entire list of school districts, and I applied to all that had openings within an hour and a half of my family)!  So far I've only received 2 emails saying spots have been filled!
My belly is expanding a lot!  I'm measuring over 37 weeks and am 35 (as of Friday), but I only gained a half of a pound in the past 2 weeks.  I'm still under 2 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  I have high hopes that I lose it all when I have him!  I got to go shopping at a consignment sale and I got a ton of stuff.  For some reason I feel like I need to buy some girl things, so I did.  They are so cute!  If I don't have a girl someday, one of my siblings will!  Scott and I discussed it though, and if we do have a girl, she will be Isabella.  Not sure on a middle name, but we have time!  Right now the last thing I want to think about is another pregnancy.  This one has been a little harder on me, but considering how easy my pregnancies are, I have no complaints!  I'm excited to meet my little Samuel when he comes out!
Pictures of this busy week!


















No comments:

Post a Comment