Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bad news

I'm sure all will be well, because Heavenly Father has a Plan!  It's been a sad week though!  Tuesday Dad found out that he has ALS.  I had to be at work all day long knowing.  Then Kira had a band meeting, so we stayed even longer.  I cried with mom as we talked that night.  I'm sad to lose my dad, but it's nothing compared to losing a husband!  And it's usually a terribly slow and painful process to dying from ALS.  I really do love all of the bucket videos though!  So many people supporting the cause!  I still have high hopes that someone will figure out something that will help!  My poor Dad!  I talked to him on the phone a couple days later and he's just working hard to make sure that she'll be okay after he's gone.  I don't want to think about it, but I'm taking it a step at a time.  We're going down every Saturday to help them out with whatever they need.  Right now we're just working on getting rid of stuff, so they can sell their house and downsize to a smaller one story house.  Dad has a hard time on those stairs, and it worries me watching him!  He wants to be able to do everything and he can't, so it's super hard on him!  Then his niece died on Friday.  She was a super awesome lady that just got her son married off and her daughter off to college.  Plus we found out that his sister has breast cancer and will be having surgery Tuesday week.  It's fast moving too, so we're worried about her!
I made it through the first full week of school, and my first nasty gram (a student was having a bad day and took it out on me).  I didn't want to let it effect me, but with all that's going on, I couldn't help but wonder if any of it was true.  The student was tons better the next day, so that was good!
Kira is doing so well!  She's already given up her walker and is doing fantastic!  She even did okay on the stairs at my parents' house (we visited yesterday)!  My kiddos all were pretty excited to see their cousins that were up to visit too!  We took a few pictures, with my phone.  It was great visiting!  I sure do worry about my dad though!  I'm super excited that my parents are coming up for Grandparents' Day at school on Friday!  They're going to take pictures, have treats, and make a craft together!  Since my Dad's diagnosis, my mental pictures have changed and I'm going to work hard to make sure I have an amazing idea planned for the grandparents that come to my class!  You never know what might happen and what becomes a treasure!
In the meantime, we're loving the three day weekend and my poor cold-ridden children are slowly getting better!  Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment