Sunday, August 17, 2014

Terrible week!

On Monday I got to go to work!  I got to do a little in my classroom.  After work I had a message that we got the house in Leavenworth!  Hurray!
On Tuesday we signed the papers and started packing.
On Wednesday we moved, with a little help from Sam and Matt and our kiddos.  Kira wasn't able to help much due to her hurt hip that she's been limping on the past few days.  We got all of our stuff in the house and then had Sam's bridal shower.  That was fun!
On Thursday at 2:30 in the morning, Kira woke us up to tell us she was hurting so bad that she couldn't sleep.  Scott took her to the ER and they got back as I was getting ready to go to work.  Then I left for work and Scott took her to the Pediatrician where she ended up being transferred to Children's Mercy.  I left at lunch to be with her!  Then I went to Sam's Endowment, straight from the hospital, in my work clothes.  Luckily that wasn't a problem!  It was great to feel the peace of the temple!  It's such a beautiful building that helps me feel so much closer to Heavenly Father!  Kira was in surgery as I was in there and about 30 minutes in I could feel the peace that Kira was going to be okay!  It was great!
On Friday I didn't go to work either and Scott and I swapped off being with Kira and the kids.  We had the Reception set up and Scott got the utilities in our name and the paper turned in to the office.  Kira isn't any better yet.  And getting out soon is not an option.  I also found out that my Dad very likely has ALS, which is a terminal disease.  I'm a mess right now.
On Saturday was Sam's Sealing and Reception.  We all sobbed at the sealing!  It was awesome though!  We visited Kira in between and bought tons of food, a balloon, and some flowers for her to enjoy!  I got a picture of everyone together!  I forgot my camera, so I didn't get very good pictures, but I was able to use mom's camera to get some pictures!
Today I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well, and I was feeling a little sorry for myself.  It's hard to not have my other half available!  I went back to sleep and when I woke up I felt all achy, but better.  I took an ibruprofen and went back to sleep.  I felt so much better!  I feel very blessed in the midst of all of the trials!  The Lord is my Shepherd!

No comments:

Post a Comment