Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bring on the summer schedule

Being the teacher mom that I am, I made a schedule for my family.  This is our schedule and we may change it up a little bit, but not much.
7am-Wake up, brush teeth and have prayer
7:15-7:45 Eat breakfast, and get showered/bathed/dressed
7:45-8:00 Wash dishes/sort laundry/vacuum living room
8-9am ZUMBA
9am Leah Lexia/Sumdog time
9:30 Emma Lexia/Sumdog time
10am Kira Sumdog time
10:30 Clean Kitchen
11am lunch
11:30 Ben computer time
12-2 QUIET TIME
2-3 Play outside
3pm Science/History
3:30 sort laundry
4pm Clutter destash/clean bedroom/games
5:30 dinner
6:30 dessert and dishes
7pm Gonoodle/ Kira and I run
8:30pm Family prayer and scripture study
9pm bed and books
9:30 lights out

We may flub it some when we do daytrips, but we're trying to stick close until our vacation, so the kids aren't completely thrown off when they go back to school!
We have been blessed so much by people giving us hand-me-downs as they get ready for their move!  We have so much that the kids have already grown out of, that we can easily fill in from the hand-me-downs, so we're able to get rid of the outgrown/stained/yucky clothes.  Some of it's amazing and we've filled 8 bags of stuff this past week that we donated.  Scott and I filled up 2 bags ourselves!  We're getting our laundry down to a manageable level.  Phew!  Our house is looking better and better everyday!
My kiddos love the schedule, which amazes me!  The other day one of the kids was trying to watch a movie and Ben informed them- "Do you see tv on the schedule?  NO!"  I love it! They're keeping up the learning, and I know when I get a breather.
On Friday we went out in the seemingly constant rain to check out the Moon Marble Company.  We loved seeing the lady make a purple cow out of glass!  We let each of the kids pick something, which turned out way more expensive than I planned!  Everyone was pretty happy though!  When we got home I found my temp contract for my new job in the mail!  We were able to use our 2 free large pizza coupons and I paid $8ish for the breadsticks and we had our celebration dinner!
As per usual, Saturday was crazy full.  We did the usual morning, but the Wii remote died, so we didn't get to Zumba long.  It worked out though, because I wanted to make a fruit basket for a baby's funeral at church and dessert for the Church BBQ that evening.  It took a ton of time and I barely got to the church on time to drop off the fruit basket.  It's so sad when someone dies, especially a baby! We went to PriceChopper for their big event.  We got a hot dog, chips and a drink for $1 each!  Then the kids each got a free root beer float!
We headed to my parents' house right after and I helped out by watching my brother's three kids while he was working.  My mom took my four oldest to the store with her and then I just had 6 kiddos aged 1-5.  Fun times!  I got plenty of exercise!
We left my parents' house and went to the Church BBQ.  It was awesome!  We brought desserts and there was yummy food, great music and a bouncehouse!  The kids had a blast!  I love our church!  I'm sad so many people are moving!  We're moving too, but it'll be after they've all moved!
We had someone take our picture, so Scott has a long family photo. I sent Scott home with the kids and I headed to watch my sister in the Glowlight Run.
For some reason, my map took me to Kansas City and not a good neighborhood, so I headed back toward home.  When I finally got ahold of Kim I figured out where she was, and they had just started, so I had plenty of time to watch!  I walked the last half mile and hung out until she got there.  We walked together the last mile and I took pictures of her with her friends.  Once we were done with pictures, they went to the after party and I headed home.
I can't wait to see what happens next week!  We're hoping that it's sunny at least one day and we can go berry picking!  I'm also hoping to go down to Emporia and start looking at places to live!
Pictures!



 Shoulder angels/devils as they play checkers

 Kira with her friends at a softball game

 Reading together selfie
 7 shirts and 1 skirt for under $20, it helped me get rid of ugly clothes!










 He had a super hard time choosing between them.


These two boys together, hilarious!
 Ben's amazing creature!
 Our celebration dinner
 The fruit basket I made.




















No comments:

Post a Comment