Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Uncle

My Uncle Thomas passed away on Friday morning.  I didn't find out about it until after school on Friday.  My Dad (his brother), Mom, Kim and Sam were packed up and out of here pretty fast.  I didn't have the option to go, and I thought that was okay.  I have six kiddos, and that would have been a long trip back and forth for an Uncle I can remember, but didn't know that well.  I learned more about him from reading his obit.  I was trying to figure out why I've been downing junk food and putting off doing lesson plans (I only need to do 2 more) when I realized that I was still mourning.  Good grief!  And I'm a comfort eater, so hurray for me going to the grocery store today.  I can just hear my hips saying:  "Hey, come join the party fat cells!"  I did get to volunteer today at the Polar Plunge.  I showed up at 8:30am, got to see where the race ended, got a doughnut and a small piece of sausage pizza and manned the barricade the rest of the time.  From about 9:30 to 12:30.  Luckily, it wasn't too cold (although it was plenty cold), the sun came out, and pacing around the barricade kept me occupied.  Kinda.  I even got to see a few people go into the water (they went as teams, one group at a time).  The Fox 4 News people were super nice.  They talked to me on their way in and out.  They said I needed a chair and felt bad for me not getting food.  So sweet!  I told them it was okay, because I got food before I went out and they brought me water!  I went grocery shopping and came home to find that Kira had cleaned the Living Room and Emma had cleaned the bathroom!  Wow!  Color me impressed!  The Living Room already needs to be cleaned again, but I'm so proud!  We have some fantastic kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment