Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Always the Baker, Finally the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker

I loved this series based around a Wedding Destination hotel.  I just finished the last one, so I'll write about each one.  Here's each of the books with my thoughts (except the Designer one that I haven't gotten yet).
This is the first book of the series where we meet Emma Rae, a diabetic baker.  She works hard for hardly any recognition from her boss (he was not a favorite).  So, when she hears about Tanglewood, a Wedding Destination Hotel, she jumps on the chance and brings her best friend (and baking partner) Fiona.  It's quite the battle to get the Hotel open on time, but it's awesome seeing how they all work together as a family.  I had a feeling that the Romance would take a backburner to everything else, but that was fine with me!  This is a Christian series and there's plenty of religion in there, which I didn't mind!

This is the second book in the Series, where we meet Sherilyn, Emma's college roommate.  Honestly, I don't remember much about it.  So, I wouldn't say it was a fabulous read.  From the reviews I've read, that seems to be the consensus.  We liked it, but it wasn't memorable.

This is the third book, and concentrates on Audrey, a designer, that goes to Tanglewood to be in her friend's wedding.  From there you get to catch up on all of the previous romances.  I haven't read this one, so I don't know if it's any good, but it's on my wish list!

This is the last book in the Series.  I would have liked it so much more if I hadn't been so distracted by the Shawn/Peter debacle.  If I had spaced them out instead of reading the first and fourth ones right together, I would have been fine.  Fee was seriously dating Peter who became Shawn?  Strange.  I like all of the recipes in this series, and liked the different cake designs.  I was in agreement with her friends that it shouldn't be hard to make a cake for her own wedding.  I was getting bored with the options.  I love full-length epilogues, which is what this felt like.  We really got to see how everyone was doing in their romance.  I LOVED the addition of a cute little girl and I was happy about the family she ended up with!  I'm sad that the series is over!  I'll probably reread them when I finally get number three!  Great clean reads, all of them could stand alone, but they go so nicely together!

I got this as a free copy from Netgalley, and was not compensated!

No comments:

Post a Comment