Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lucky Change by Susan Law Corpany

I ordered a ton of books and this one was the only one that I almost paid full price for, because I really wanted to read it!  It's about Karen, the "ward's charity case," who buys a lottery ticket and wins $230 million!  She quits her job, buys a new car and proceeds to help others!  Every church needs a Karen:  a loving, forgiving and awesome example of a true Christian.  Although the world would be so much better if we all were like her!  She helps humble some people, but mainly she enriches the lives of others through being a little nosy and giving what is needed!  I loved it when she gave gift cards to people!  It reminded me of all the times we have had anonymous (and not anonymous) givers help us when we desperately needed it and I'm looking forward to the day when we can better pay it forward!  Those that helped us in the past, you have no idea how much we appreciated it!  It was always amazing to me how generous people are, especially when I don't let people know how we're really doing!  Obviously those were people who listened to the Spirit and followed His promptings as Karen does.  I would love to read more about things go with her, and her kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment