Saturday, July 7, 2012

In the hopes I'm too busy tomorrow...

I usually write on Sundays, but I'll write today, just in case.  I have all of the labor signs and symptoms, except for contractions and my water breaking, of course.  I woke up at 4:20 this morning and became very energetic, so I cleaned my room (which is also the craft room, so it was a mess)!  I even moved the rug, since it was a pain where it was.  It kept Scott's closet door from opening!  Then I still had energy, so I cleaned Ben's room.  I wasn't hungry at all, but had a popsicle.  I was pretty excited that Ben didn't wake up until I was almost done with his room!  He wants to keep all of the papers he has drawn on and crumpled up.  Ugh!  So, I filled up 2/3 of a trash bag in his room, which is better than the bag and a half I got from the girls' room.  Now the crib is ready for Joshua!  Ben was all packed up, so we all went over to my parents' house and Ben left with my sister and niece to head to Louisiana.  He was pretty excited!  He had books, his Leapster (with new batteries), and when my sister's dog got in, the look of excitement on his face!  Wow!  I really do wish we could get a dog, because he really needs one.  I've heard that dogs can be excellent therapy for kids with different abilities.
Once they were gone, we girls headed to Home Depot and proceeded to spend almost an hour to build 3 moving trucks.  Leah is a crazy hammerer.  She has power in her swing and does it fast!  Emma is very much a side-to-side hammerer, so I had to make sure I started the nails off well!  Kira managed to bend a lot of nails.  Poor kiddo!  She was doing everything by herself and felt very overwhelmed.  I kept finding spare nails, so she was able to finish hers.
Then we headed to Toys R Us.  I saw an awesome deal the other day on backpacks, so Kira was excited to get a new backpack and lunch kit when her Aunt Mandy paid her to feed the dogs.  The look on her face when she was given "A $20 bill!"  When we got there, she was super excited to pick one out!  She looked at some of the licensed ones, but soon changed her mind.  They were too small!  Then she found a matching lunch kit that had a water bottle "for marathons!"  I explained that Marathons were 26 miles.  "OH!  How about one or two mile races?"  Yes, that would be considerably easier!    She turned in an old backpack, so she got 20% off, then the lunch kit was free.  She paid $13.03 for everything!  Perfect for $2 tithing (I paid the 3 cents)!  She's very excited about her big backpack and lunch kit!  She can't wait to fill it up with school supplies.  Judging from the long list, I think that won't be a problem!
We had lunch and popsicles (I was finally hungry)!  Then Cecilia was asleep, so I got to take a nap.  Kira said I could sleep at least 30 minutes!  Phew!  I don't know that I got much more than that, so I'm still a little groggy, but not falling asleep sitting up!
Now I'm going to see what else I can get done today!
Now that the day is done, I know!  Scott came home and took the girls that were awake to Wal-Mart to get Kira a new bike tube.  She was so excited!  I was excited too!  I was able to sweep up the kitchen and start getting dinner going as I started clearing out the bathroom/laundry room.  It started raining, which completely thrilled me!  I was hoping the barometric drop would help my baby want to come out.  No luck.  But, the cooler air was definitely worth it!  Everyone ate and I got to work on the new floor.  Here's the old floor.
 And then the new floor, a few hours later!  I had lots of "helpers."  Now I have everything back in there too!
So, another thing done on my To-Do list!  I got at least 4 or 5 things done today, which is pretty awesome considering everything!  I even read to Leah after I was done with the floor.  I had promised.  Luckily she was okay sitting on the couch, because I can hardly walk!   Now I'm super tired and it's Sunday!  Hurray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment