Monday, June 22, 2009

Crazy happenings

I did manage to sell some clothes. I figured it out and I put about 30 hours of work into the garage sale and earned $90. That's about $3 an hour, so the pay stinks. I won't be doing that ever again! Now I have to make $600 in order to make it until I start getting paychecks again. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I'm very happy to stay home and clean and be able to feed my baby. It's a very nice break, but it's also nice to know that you have some money coming in to buy necessities! I'm glad that we had as much in savings as we do (soon to be did).
Today I managed to deep clean the kids' rooms. I say that, but I didn't mop. It still took me 5 hours! I did a lot of organizing, rearranging and changing out the sizes. Leah is now in 3-6 months. Whether she likes it or not! She still fits the smaller pants, but not as well. I'm getting rid of her stuff as she outgrows it, unless it's going in her "box." I have a shoebox for each of the kids that I keep birth memorabilia. Some of them have cooler things than others. I'm hoping to find all of Emma's stuff, since it's missing. I think it's in her journal and I don't have to worry about it! I also started a list for my daughter(s). I figure since I can't go back in time and do things differently that I'll help my daughters to do well. If anything happens to me, they still have my advice and thoughts on things. We'll see if they care or not!
Tomorrow is my room and the hallway. I'm going to count it as a room, so I finish it quickly and can be all excited to accomplish something so fast! Hurray for small rooms! Then if I can ever get the grout cleaned the way I want it, I'll have the whole upstairs clean. Happy day! And when I'm done with all of that, I'm going to see about recording more videos onto my camera to put on my computer to put on Youtube. I like that we're doing that now. It's so fun to be able to go online and look at old home movies! I've got some on already and I just recorded Ben's ultrasound and a DVD that I was supposed to make copies of forever ago for Jenn, that I never did. So, I'm making up for it by putting it online Privately, so the family can go and see it without having to find a DVD. I love it! I'm totally going to throw out all the old videotapes as soon as I get them online. Especially the ultrasounds, since that is the only thing on the tape. Sad!
On to the crazy happenings! So, Scott was watching the kids brush their teeth and Emma managed to dig in the trash and pull out my old razor cartridge and cut right above her lip in two places. I was trying to feed Leah, so I was nowhere close and didn't notice until I came up for prayer. I ended up using Scott's styptic (sp?) pencil to try and stop the bleeding, but Emma kept crying and licking it off. So, I used a clean non matching sock to put pressure on until it finally stopped for the fifth time. (She kept licking it and reopening the wound). She kept crying, "mouf, mouf." Then when I was trying to put her to bed, she started crying, "Be!" Since Leah was really mad that I didn't finish feeding her and was crying very loud (for her, she's usually pretty quiet). Poor kids! I love that Emma cries for me now. It's so sweet to hear her calling: "Mommy, Mommy..." If only she'd call for her daddy when Leah is calling me at the same time! If nothing else, I know I'm needed. No doubts there!

No comments:

Post a Comment