Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A message of love

I just saw a link on facebook and clicked on it, because the message was one I genuinely want to read.  "I'm a Christian, unless you're gay."  I am a full believer in Christ and I think that as a follower of Christ, who wants to be like HIm, why wouldn't we love everyone?  We are all sinners and doing the best we can, so why do we look at others for their shortcomings?  Does it really make us better to point out someone else's flaws?  I was bullied a LOT when I was a kid (and so was my husband).  I have a very low tolerance or understanding of bullies!  Does that mean I don't love them?  No!  Will I correct them?  YES!  I will do it in a loving way, so they understand that I love them even if they're making mistakes.  Isn't that what Heavenly Father does for us?  He loves us, even when we make dumb mistakes!  He loves us, even when we are hurting someone else.  How easy is it for us to get on our little soap box, saying that we know such and such is a sin, so we shouldn't hang out with someone.  How horrible!  I want to say that I love all of you!  I love that you are all Children of God!  You are all beautiful/handsome!  There is nothing wrong with loving someone even if they sin!  I know I'm not perfect and whenever my husband apologizes to me when he sins, I just have to remind him that I'm not perfect either. 
I would be the first to admit that there are some things that make me uncomfortable-immodesty, smoking, people who are drunk, etc.  But, that doesn't make me love them any less.  I'll repeat it again, WE'RE NOT PERFECT!  I'm not perfect, no one that I know is perfect and THAT IS OKAY!  If you are feeling down, because you have sinned, repent and try to do better.  I know that I feel very blessed that I don't have different trials, because I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to fight feelings for the same sex!  I may not like the behavior, but I can still love the person!  One of my best friends while I was dating my husband was gay (I say "was," because "is" doesn't make sense in a past-tense sentence).  He was fantastic and easy to get along with!  There is nothing wrong with loving someone even in their sins!  NOTHING! 
I worry all the time about my kids and what is going on at schools!  Will they be bullied?  My son has Autism, and my brother that has Aspergers was picked on and picked on and picked on.  I don't want that for my son!  I don't want my kids growing up in a world that doesn't love those that aren't "perfect!"  I don't want my kids to get shot in a school, because some other kids picked on someone who decided to take matters into their own hands! 
So, please, don't be a bully!  Love others, no matter what!  You don't have to love what they're doing to love them!  Don't hurt someone else to make you feel better!  Be a good example for your kids and make sure that they aren't bullies either.  That pain NEVER goes away!  I will forever have a voice in the back of my head telling me that I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, or just enough-because of thsoe who bullied me.  I have to work hard everyday to remember that I am a Child of God and am worthy of His love!  I will not allow anyone to bully anyone I see either, because they are doing the best they can and they're people!  (Although I feel animals shouldn't be bullied either)  It's okay to be different!  Be peculiar!  Love one another!  Celebrate life, friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your feelings on this! So true! I need to find that article you were looking at.

    ReplyDelete