Friday, February 17, 2012

Ember Gods (#2) by Andrea Pearson review

Wow! I hadn't read the first one (The Key to Kilenya) in months and yet had no problem jumping right into the second one! Jacob does a fantastic job being a "regular" teenager, while trying to save Aloren from the Lorkons, in his spare time. I love that his parents are so understanding (for a reason) and that he puts his homework first. It's great to read about someone who is in both worlds, instead of having to choose between worlds (like most do).  I was super involved in the book, so I'm glad it was a fast read!  I think this is a great book for ages 9 and up. My son was trying to read over my shoulder, poor kiddo! I guess now that I've finished, I can let him read it! No doubt he'll love it too! The only thing I don't like is the constant references to Gallus as the "black man." Maybe once to let us know and then move on, because we already know! Very cool series and once again, I'm looking forward to the next one! Maybe a movie would be in order too... I can hope!
Now on to the Kilenya Romance.  I LOVE free Kindle books!  Although I should probably get ready for the day and start some more laundry first.  And maybe make lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment