Friday, December 31, 2010

It wasn't food poisoning...

So, once again we have sickness in our house.  I'm not sure that Scott was fully recovered yet, but so far he's doing great helping the puking kids at night!  Poor guy is so exhausted, so I'm letting him sleep in as long as he needs to!  I think he's earned it!  All I did was keep Leah with me (she wasn't sleeping either), so she didn't get in the way!  Last night I felt a few contractions, but they were pretty mild, so I knew that wasn't going anywhere!  I ate pineapple and tried to watch a "funny" movie.  Sorry Mom, Knight and Day wasn't funny for me!  I only laughed once!  Then we had a crazy thunderstorm at 3 this morning and I saw lightning spark something outside as it shook our house.  I checked and nothing was on fire, but crazy!  Now we have ice and sleet all over outside, so it's really good that I'm not in labor.  I was really hoping that the storm would help things along!  This kiddo just really doesn't want to come out!  Maybe she doesn't want to be around all the sick kids or knows her mamaw couldn't make it today, I don't know!  I was really hoping to have the New Year's Baby, no chance of that now.  And I'm okay with that.  At least I'm not wholeheartedly in labor with my kids sick, that would be miserable for all of us!  Poor kids keep asking if there's anything I can do for them, and there's not.  I actually prefer the Strep Throat, because I was able to give them medicine then!  I'm praying that it's just a 24 hour bug, so they can go back to their normally rambunctious selves and I won't worry that they're going to be sick all year!  Yuck! 
We did have fun yesterday though!  We went to the park at their school and let the kids play for awhile in the nice 64 degree weather!  Poor Leah went down the big slide face down and bonked her face on the ground and bit her lip on the top and bottom!  She cried for a minute or two and then wanted to go back on the slide!  So, I had Kira wait at the bottom for her!  What a great big sister!  Emma had no problem posing for pictures and I even had a picture taken of me, in the hopes it would be my last pregnant picture.  HA!!!  Without further ado, here are the pictures!
 Leah coming down the right way
 Kira catching her
 Emma cheesing
 Ben
 Check out that belly!
  The ice and sleet all over my car!  Hopefully we can figure something out before 9 tonight, when my Redbox movies are due!

1 comment: