Sunday, February 20, 2011

About Me...

I am lucky enough to have been chosen as a reviewer for a website, see box on the right side, so I need to write some info about me.  So, here goes:

My name is Tamera, and I live in a pretty small town in Kansas where my husband and I are both going to school.  I am working on my Elementary Education degree, in order to be a teacher for a few years and work my way up to a Masters in School Psychology.  My husband and I have been married for nine years, as of last December.  We have five children!

Ben is eight and a half and is my avid reader (he's read the Percy Jackson books) and researcher.  He LOVES animals and if he hears about a new animal (or makes one up on his own) he HAS to look it up and research it!  He is a Cub Scout (and I'm the Wolf Den "mom").  He is a very special kiddo in that he has Autism and ADHD, so he teaches us a lot everyday! 

Kira will be turning seven in April and is our musical/artistic/dramatic daughter!  She likes to make up songs and plays, dance around and get all the attention she can!  She loves to learn and tell others what she knows.  She's my social butterfly!

Emma is three and a half and is currently in the throes of the "tyrannical threes."  She says "no" to almost everything and "why" to everything else!  She smiles very nicely as she does the opposite of what you ask her too and poses!  I'm looking forward to the day when she realizes I am right!  She wants to do everything her big brother and sister do and wants them to share everything they own with her (they don't like that personality trait at all)!

Leah is almost two and has already hit the "Terrible twos" in that she wants to do everything herself and when she does she makes a huge mess!  She takes a lot of baths!  She is a snugglebug who loves sitting with her mom or dad and is a sweetheart that is willing to share almost everything (but her baby dolls)!

Cecilia is my little baby!  She is seven weeks old and is growing fast!  She was almost ten pounds when she was born and is almost thirteen now!  She smiles and lights up my day and doesn't wake me up too much at night, so therefore a great baby!  She puts up with a lot from her older siblings, so here's hoping that means she will have a laidback personality!

Scott is my husband and is quite the husband!  He's in school to become a Spanish Teacher and does a great job with the kids while I'm at school (we swap off)!  He's learning how to do laundry and dishes and is super helpful!  He loves helping others and is one of the first to volunteer for things (especially if he knows it will be okay with me)!

Back to me, I LOVE to read and I do it a lot!  I also love to craft!  I make hair bows/clips, tutus, applique, and make personalized baby items.  I love making matching shirts for siblings (the boys get appliqued ties).  I also love to paint, sketch and work with wood and clay.  I painted a mural in my sister's room of a sunset and I still love it!  I can't wait to have my own house and put a mural in as many rooms as I can!  I enjoy family history and taking pictures!  I'm an amateur photographer only because I don't have a good camera or a studio!  I'm great at Photoshop though!  I love to cook, but not clean, so I don't do it as often as I would like.  One of my favorite things to make is brotchen (German rolls).  I love to knead dough and shape it!  One of these days I'm going to get trained in making cool cakes, right now I just make it up on my own.  I also have written poetry and a song (too bad I have such a hard time figuring out the notes).  I really want to use my talents to make childrens' books for kiddos with disabilities!

My family loves to spend time together watching good shows (our favorites are Wild Kratts, Mythbusters, Extreme Home Makeover and Cake Boss), playing games, painting and cooking.  We go to the Zoo, Library, L & L Pets, on walks or bike rides as often as possible!  We have lots of fish (six tanks), and are adding to them fairly often.  My favorites are the fancy guppies and the Rainbowfish!  That's pretty much my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment