Saturday, February 26, 2011

Best mom ever!

You have to love Saturdays, since it's when all of the cool stuff happens!  Sadly, Ben's school trip to the circus was cancelled.  But, it meant I got to sleep in, for real!  It's been so long!  I got laundry done and went to the grocery store to get all I needed to make Taco Soup.  I love Taco Soup!  Quick recipe:  2 lbs ground beef or turkey, 2 packages of taco seasoning (I use Cheesy Taco Seasoning to cheese it up), 2 small cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans of black olives (drained), 2 cans of corn (drained), 2 each of black beans, pinto beans (mostly drained), and kidney beans (mostly drained).  Cook the meat and add the seasoning to follow the seasoning directions.  Then add the rest of the ingredients (making sure to drain all but the black beans) and simmer for at least 30 minutes.  Tada!  Eat with tortilla chips and cheese or sour cream (optional).  Either way it's delicious and fast!  Thanks to Jenny Westhoff for clueing me onto the recipe! 
So, I made the taco soup and we went to the church for the Pinewood Derby.  We worked really hard on Ben's Cheetah Mobile (after we added weights it was called "the Pregnant Cheetah").  It looked really cool, but went super slow.  Ben was really disappointed, but happy to race it some more for fun, after the real racing was done!  Then we got to eat and Ben got his Bobcat!  Now I officially have only wolves in my Wolf Den!  Woohoo!

                                                His medal for most artistic car.
                                           Holding his Bobcat.  I'll have to remember to sew it on!
                                         The whole Cub Scout group!

We went home for a little while and then I took my three oldest to the movie theater for a fundraiser.  It was to raise money and food for "Food for Students."  It's a program that provides food for needy students' families on the weekend.  How cool is that?  We paid $10 and 2 cans of peanut butter to watch "Despicable Me."  The kids used their smiling money from Mamaw to get a treat.  I paid for everything else.  Luckily this was a very reasonable priced theater!  As soon as we got to our seats Emma dumped her popcorn.  Then after the potty break, she poured the rest of her drink out.  So, she won't be coming next time!  The kids did really well, until the last 20 minutes when Ben started freaking out, because it was too scary!  Poor kiddo sat right next to me to help him out.  At the end, Emma hugged me and told me, "You're the best mom ever!"  I'm still not taking her next time.  It's "Wizard of Oz!"
                                         At the movie theater
                                       In the girls' bathroom!  There was a chaise lounge too!
I love this baby and was super glad to get back to her after the movie!  She was happy to see me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment