Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

I love country music and this song pretty much sums up this post, so you've been warned!  Yesterday was another snow day and I was pretty excited, since I was sure that I could get so much done.  I know you're laughing.  It's okay.  I keep forgetting that I just had a baby a month ago.  Can you believe she's a month old already?  Anyway, she has a hard time being far from me, as does Leah.  Sheesh!  I sure feel loved.  So Emma comes to me while I was feeding Cecilia and asks me to smell her.  That's never a good sign and she smelled a lot like cinnamon.  Then Kira came in saying her eyes were burning.  What!?!?  So, I tell her to rinse her eyes.  She cried saying how much it hurt.  So, I asked her what happened and she told me that she had sprayed Scentsy room spray all over her and got some in her eyes!  I checked on the bottle and it said she had to flush her eyes and if it didn't work to call a physician.  I called Scott down (he was taking a nap) to help.  He helped her flush her eyes for fifteen minutes and had me call the Doctor.  The nurse told me to call Poison Control, so I did.  It's been a long time since I've had to call, which is nice.  They told me to have her stand in the shower and have warm water hit her forehead for fifteen minutes and then wait 30 minutes to see how she was doing.  She looked so much better after 30 minutes!  I was pretty worried until then!  She sure did a lot of screaming and Scott did very well with her.  I finally finished feeding Cecilia and noticed big red splotches on Emma.  Turns out she's allergic to the room spray being on her skin.  Imagine!  So, I had to scrub her and then put lotion on, because it burned.  Then Leah got tired and needed me to hold her.  What a bad couple of hours!  Kira and I walked to Braum's to get a few groceries and it was fun, until we had to carry the heavy bags back.  I'm glad we live so close! 
Then no more school off for us.  Cecilia has been quite the night owl lately, so I'm exhausted!  Scott helps when he's up, which is awesome!  I woke up this morning to a lot of fatigue and not a lot of help.  I had to get Cecilia and Leah dressed (luckily everyone else can dress on their own), pump to prepare for the next 4 hours and convince Scott to get up, dressed, and shovel out our driveway so we could get out.  He wanted to gun it and hope we would make it.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  Needless to say, I was late to class!  The teacher was pretty nice about it though!  We got done early anyway, which gave me time to study for the test in the next class.  I finished it in thirty minutes.  Woohoo!  But, then I had to hang out for thirty minutes and wait for the second part of the class.  Oh well, I couldn't have left early anyway.  Scott came to get me and I went home to make us lunch.  I wanted to do laundry (it never ends), but the washer isn't draining!  Ggrr....  I didn't have time to look at it, just enough time to look up what could be the problem.  And I really needed to get to class.  We just went to the Kansas Teacher of the Year Reception and got to talk to the Teachers.  Pretty cool!  When that was over I went to the grocery store to get a few things and picked the kiddos up from school.  Now, back to my crying baby that I love so much! 


                                         He loves to read!
                                         Daddy with a couple girls
                                               Me and my baby
                                       Kira playing outside

No comments:

Post a Comment