Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To add something else

So, I felt HORRIBLE yesterday and could not figure out why!  I wasn't able to eat much of my cereal before going out into the horrible cold world to drop my kids off at school and walk across campus (because I refuse to pay for parking unless absolutely necessary).  I just felt weird (lightheaded, achy, just not well), so I splurged and bought a bacon and egg biscuit and Naked juice (that name cracks me up) to eat in the hopes that that would help me make it through my long day.  It made the nauseousness fade (which was TERRIFIC) and I managed to make it through my first class with a minimum of antsiness.  Then another walk across campus to my next class (so then I was by my car) and did okay there (have I mentioned how much I LOVE one hour classes?).  I really wasn't feeling well, but was able to get past it.  But after I came home and fed Cecilia and had to hightail it back to school (I have 40 minutes to feed myself and Cecilia and go to and from class, so usually Cecilia eats and I don't).  I had managed to microwave some frozen mixed vegetables to eat during class.  It took forever for me to eat them!  That was my first sign.  Then I felt super light headed going up and down the stairs and standing there.  After that I felt sick at having to pull apart an owl pellet.  I was having a super hard time by the time my next class started.  I could not sit still and it was an hour and a half class where you just sit there the whole time.  UGH!  If nothing else, it's helping me feel for those kids that are told to sit still for long periods of time.  Poor kiddos!  I can't do it, so I can't imagine forcing kiddos to!  We'll have a very active class I'm thinking!  We'll see, I still have awhile and I have to make it through the next 3 semesters! 
Either way,  I wasn't feeling well!  I was feeling very overwhelmed with all the work I have to do in the next week and was just feeling it.  I have to make a can roll forward and backward and can't google it!  By tomorrow!  Plus we have to finish taking the owl pellet apart, putting all of the bones into a skeleton(s) and write a story about the crime committed. (Ours are going to be traitors that are punished by being eaten.)  So, after I finally got out of class (I'm in class from 9:30-11:50 and 12:30 to 4:20), I went to the grocery store, because the only thing that sounded good was fruit and fresh bread.  So I got lots of fruit, OJ and frozen pizza.  Yum!  I was able to eat a whole slice!  Scott gave me a long blessing and I really felt Heavenly Father's love and concern for me!  My headache immediately went away and I was able to function that much better!  After I got the girls in bed I got to take a break!  Then I ate cherries while watching Storm Riders.  I was able to straighten up some and went to bed at 9:30 (which is unusually early for me).
Due to the early bedtime, I was wide awake at 5:17, but refused to get out of bed until 5:30, so I got my full 8 hours of shut eye.  Then I was able to separate some clothes before Cecilia woke up.  She really enjoyed mommy and Cecilia time!  She was so cute and oh-so-funny!  She walked over with Kira's hula hoop and set it down around her and looked down at it like: "Hey!  Why aren't you circling around me?"  She was very confused!  Then Scott got up and she had both parents to herself!  Talk about excitement!  I very impatiently waited to call into the nurse to inform her of the possibility of having strep throat.  Scott thought he had it again too.  I brought the kids to school and then Scott took his turn getting swabbed and then I went in.  There was no way I was going to get these girls dressed and out for us to have stuff gag us.  No thanks!  So we took turns.  Scott was negative and I was postitive.  Hurray.  I do feel much better today!  My throat hurts, but not horrible.  Mainly feels clogged.  My body doesn't hurt all over.  So, all in all, I think my blessing REALLY helped.  I'm so grateful for the Priesthood in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment