Thursday, June 28, 2012

My "mid-week" update

The past few days have been crazy busy!  On Tuesday, we got to have lots of fun with my mom!  We went to the nice mall and the kids all got something from Payless.  Emma was wearing a pair of Kira's old shoes that she had not grown into.  Not even close, so she was walking like a clown.  Poor kiddo!  So, she was the reason we went in.  $80 later, all the kids had something.  Then they got pretzel bites and we went to Bath and Body Works.  They each got a hand sanitizer there, so they were thrilled!  Then we picked out a couple ties for my dad and headed out.  We had Chick-fil-a for lunch (a fast food favorite).  I love their chicken sandwiches and waffle fries and still remember eating there when I was little in the mall on the Gulf Coast.  After a nice nap for my mom and Cecilia, we came home.  I got to go see Snow White and the Huntsman with my sister.  She's so sweet.  Not that I liked the movie at all, but it was nice to get out (and not by myself)!  I didn't like it, because there was a ton of violence, some grossness, at least two spots where I turned my head, a very awkward beginning of a wedding night (nothing shows, it's just awkward), and no real ending.  She doesn't choose between the two guys and the movie was over two hours long!  Aaahhhh!!!!!!
Then on Wednesday morning, my mom took us to see Madagascar 3.  The kids seemed to really like it.  Except Cecilia who doesn't watch tv, so it wasn't surprising that she wasn't willing to sit and watch an hour and a half movie.  She just went in circles going up and down the stairs.  I thought it was a pretty good movie and Ben for sure did.  He had to go to the bathroom twice, and he went super fast in order to not miss anything!  My kiddos are animal fans, so this was a great movie for them!
We went back to my mom's house for an extended nap.  It's so hot out!  I even got a little nap!  Then we went to the Farm and only had forty minutes there, before they closed.  So. we watched a cow get milked, walked around some and the kids all played on the slide while Cecilia and I saw more animals in the shade.  It was incredibly hot!  105 degrees.  Sheesh!  But, the kids had fun, so it was completely worth it!





We came home (since we didn't have to rescue poor Scott) and I made turkey burgers.  They were yummy!  I brought Kira and Ben to church, thinking that Ben had Cub Scouts.  He didn't.  They don't have Cub Scouts during the Summer.  Good to know!  So, I got the rest of the stuff  I needed for my projects.  We picked Kira up and went home.  Scott and I talked for a long time about how things are going.  Then I got a few things done before going to bed super late.  But, I got a load of laundry done!

No comments:

Post a Comment