Friday, January 28, 2011

Backlash by Traci Hunter Abramson

Another series that I love!  The Saint Squad is awesome!  I hope there's a real one out there.  This one is centered on Kel and his wife.  You hear mention of them before, when everyone was single, and wonder how they got together.  I was very excited to find out!  At the point of the book, they have been married five years and are having a few troubles, because Marilyn really doesn't like Kel being a Navy SEAL.  After hearing her backstory, it's easy to see why!  Her mom doesn't help matters.  She writes in her spare time to help think through things and keeps it a secret, due to her lack of self-esteem.  Her husband getting shot in the leg on a mission makes it so that they have the opportunity to spend a lot more time together and really get to know each other (which they obviously skipped).  I found this book very realistic, except for the part where he only got broth and jello at the hospital.  He wasn't going in for surgery and only had a bullet in his leg, does that really call for a lack of food?  Either way, it was a fantastic book and I'm very glad I bought the next one at the same time, so I can get started on it.  The only problem is that once you start her books, it's hard to put them down and move away.  Sorry kids, mom's reading today!

No comments:

Post a Comment