Monday, January 24, 2011

Forgetting

Obviously I have forgotten how early babies start doing things!  My little three week old is already staying awake more!  I even pulled out the tummy time play mat and she played with one of the hanging toys for a couple of minutes!  She started to cry, so I flipped her over and she played on her tummy for at least five minutes without crying!  All of my other kiddos abhored tummy time!  Hurray for every kiddo being different!  Now to remember how to entertain a baby.  It's not easy!  Especially since our swing doesn't work and I'm not willing to pay $60 for a new motor or $100 for a new swing.  Oh well, we'll figure it out!
In other news, Ben did so great yesterday!  He gave himself a bath, which is just plain awesome!  He was screaming about it the whole time, but I didn't have to do anything!  He's come a long way from the little boy that  refused to even get in the bathtub!  That was quite the chore!  I think, all in all, that he's doing really well, even though he's not on meds!  Backstory on that was that he wasn't growing at all on the meds and actually lost 3 pounds, so we took him off last summer and put up with the mad craziness that is med withdrawal for the WHOLE summer!  Every once in awhile a very "caring" person will ask if Ben had his meds that day.  Nope, he hasn't, for months!  He has good and bad days, just like his typical peers.  As he says, "Sheesh!"  It's so easy to forget how lucky we are that he functions so well with his Autism!  What a great kid! 
I've also forgotten how much easier life is when short a kid.  I love Emma so much!  But, I have really appreciated this weekend break from her.  I'll be glad to have her back home soon, since I have gotten that extra breath that I needed to deal with her three-year-old ness.  Wow!  Three years old is a hard age.  you want to pour everything out, smell everything, taste only things that look delicious (which is a big difference from Leah who will eat anything, including soap), touch everything, try everything, and are shocked when someone gets upset with you for doing any or all of the above!  Poor kiddo!  I hope she had a good break from me too!  It was nice to talk to her last night!  Gotta love VZO!  We sang her the bedtime songs and as soona s we were done, she got off the computer and (I assume) went to bed.  Very nice!  Kira was especially missing her Emma.  Probably because she can boss Emma around, and Emma usually loves it!
Either way, things are good here.  I'm really hoping to get my hair cut today.  If I do, I will post pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment