Monday, January 3, 2011

Cecilia Marie is born!

So, we woke up at 5:30 this morning and got ready to go to the hospital.  We were only a little late (I made sure Scott ate something before we left)!  In the elevator it was us and another couple.  She turned to me and said, "You're going to have to work for yours, I'm having a C-section!"  She was right!  I did!  It took awhile after we got there before we had anything done induction wise.  I wasn't feeling contractions at all, since they pretty much stopped last night!  I would have slept great if Leah hadn't gotten into bed with us and kicked and squirmed...  Sheesh!  So, either way, I slept very little!  Then my doctor ran late, because she had forgotten that her kids didn't have school today (they start back tomorrow).  Which was hilarious to me since we had discussed today as my induction date, so it was over before my kids went back to school!  And our kids go to the same school.  Either way, we got my P-gel at 9 this morning and then I had to lay there for an hour.  I was starting to feel things at that point!  Scott and I walked around for an hour (he napped while I had to lay there).  I managed to progress to a 3!  Woohoo!  I was monitored for awhile and then walked for another hour.  This time we listened to Scott's MP3 player which was way better!  I got to "dance" and mouth the words in between contractions.  I was praying so hard that I was up to a 4!  Because then I could have my water broken.  Heavenly Father loves me, so soon after I was checked, my water was broken and it was clear!  Woohoo!  My mom had fed my kids and then came back.  Which was good, because then things got BAD!  Once my water was broken things quickened!  I was having contractions (that were really hard to breathe through) about every minute!  I actually had to use my inhaler!  And it felt like the anesthiologist (sp?) took FOREVER!  But, it kicked in pretty fast and I was able to breathe again!  About 30 minutes later I was checked again and Denee (my awesome nurse) said I was complete!  So, I went from a 4 to a 10 in about an hour and a half.  Then we had to wait until my doctor came back (she wasn't far away), and within fifteen minutes I was able to start pushing!  It took 2 pushes to get our head ready and then another push to get her head out.  Then I had to stop pushing to have the doctor get the cord off her neck (and it was tight)!  It was another push and she was out!  What a big baby!  She peed and pooped on her way out!  She was so quiet!  She would cry for a few seconds and calm right down!  Amazing!  When they weighed her, she weighs 9 pounds 4.6 ounces!  Phew!  I won't have a newborn long!  She is 20.5 inches long too!  She has black hair and had purple eyes, that quickly changed to blue.  She's such a sweetie!  Her face is bruised from her quick trip, but I can't help but give her tons of kisses on that cute little face!  The nurse had a hard time getting the little shirt and hat on, since she's so big!  I love it!  I should probably get back to her, she's starting to move around!


  1. Congrats, she is so beautiful.

  2. Hip hip hooray! Glad she finally made it here! Can't wait to see pictures!